Friday, March 21, 2014

Vanuatu with the 'Rents--GETTING TO THE ISLAND

My parents came to Vanuatu for a few awesome weeks! (Sorry if you're getting tired of reading about my vacation ... but I had such a good vacation. Wow.)

Getting to Tongariki is a pain and a half. You can either take a cargo ship (slow, uncomfortable, boring, but cheap!) or you can decide you don't hate yourself. If you go the second route, you fly from Vila to Tongoa island, take a truck across the island, take a boat to my island, then take the truck/haul your stuff up top yourself. 



Here we are at domestic departures. 









When I travel, that's how we have to do the boat. And look at that beach! South Pacific, you think of beautiful white or black sand beach, palm trees swaying in the breeze ... Admittedly this was a pretty overcast day, but this is what my little rocky stretch of aelan looks like. For reference, this photo is facing Valea and Ewose (dark colored islands) with Tongoa in the back. Tongoa is where the airport is. It's a roughly hour long boat ride to the other side.




Me and Dad ... Glad we made it to the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment