Friday, August 22, 2014

Puskat blong mi

This is Winston. He's not really my cat, but he thinks he is. (And this is my little sister, Josineth.)

Winston was the previous volunteer's cat. Unfortunately, she was medically separated six months into her service. Josineth was her actual host sister, so Winston went to go stay with her family.


When I moved to Tongariki, this cat literally bounded across my yard and back into my house. I think he looked at me and went waet missus ... my white missus!!! and that was that. Originally, I really didn't like him because he just comes and goes as he pleases. The sides of my house don't meet my roof, so my cat jumps in and out whenever he wants. This can be a little annoying in the middle of the night, especially when he knocks things over. Originally, I tried to sack him out the front door every time he jumped in through the sides, but he thought it was a game. So there.


Winston has fleas but is a very good mouser. In return for his eternal love and devotion, I always share my tuna fish with him and let him sleep on my bed. He's going to stay on the island when I go--he's definitely an island cat, not a house cat. He eats anything that moves (and most things that don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment