Sunday, September 6, 2015

OK, it's been a minute...

OK, it's definitely been a while since I updated my blog. A lot has happened! And whenever a really big selection of things happen, and I forget to update this, it just gets easier to not write anything at all. I will try to keep this up a little bit more regularly.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I am planning to end my service in early February 2016. This means that I have approximately six months left in Vanuatu. It's strange to finally be coming up towards the end. Most of the time, I feel like I've lived in Vanuatu for forever. Time feels different because I have so much of it! In America, I feel like I always was planning things months or sometimes even years in advance. Living in Vanuatu has made me accustomed to doing things day to day. 

So now that I've chosen a departure date, it's going to be time to start thinking about what to do afterwards. I'm finding it hard to shift back into the mindset that I need to be planning things so far in advance. Honestly, it'd be easier just to stay where I am (although I'm not going to do that! Promise!) and not try to change anything around. But everything good has to end eventually, and for me, it'll be in six more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment