Monday, June 2, 2014

An Average Day

I think I did one of these before? At any rate, this is what an average day is like for me at my site.

5 a.m.: Wake up. Do a quick bucket bath. Start a fire, boil tea, cook breakfast. Usually I eat pancakes, root vegetable fries, or soup for breakfast, sometimes rice or noodles.


7 a.m.: Walk to school.


7:30-9:30 a.m.: Co-teach Class 2 English.


9:30-10:00 a.m.: Break.


10:00-11:30 a.m.: Co-teach Class 3 English or prepare lessons (if I'm feeling lazy).


11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch. Every day a different family brings me lunch. Sometimes it's great stuff, and sometimes it's like "Hello, Leilima, here is some taro, I forgot to milk it."


12:30-1:00 p.m.: Usually I do a little lesson planning or clean the library up some.


1:00 p.m.: Walk home


1:30 p.m.: Get home and grab a book, sit in my hammock.


3:30 p.m.: Go for a jog. Sometimes I do yoga and sometimes I play volleyball, but usually I go running.


4:30 p.m.: Take a bucket bath. A few times a week, there are fundraisers back over at the school, so I walk back over. If there's a fundraiser, they usually sell kava, some root crops, maybe fruit or prepared food. 


6:00 p.m.: Go to my host parents for dinner.


7:30 p.m.: Go back to my house. My solar usually can charge my laptop for about an hour and a half a day, so I usually watch about an hour and a half of TV or listen to podcasts. 


9:00 p.m.: Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment